2.5.6. Infection and antimicrobials
- Use eTG Antibiotics as much as possible.
- There is an ID round each Monday at 14.30-15.00 with Dr Andrew Mahoney
- Restricted antibiotics require an approval number which ICU consultants can provide (initials (e.g. JF) V (number of approvals numbers for the day) D (day of the month) N (duration in days), e.g. JFV2D25N5)
- Call Dr Andrew Mahoney in hours, or Austin ID after hours, for advice as needed
- Watch out for-
- Unnecessary surgical prophylaxis
- Unnecessary use of ceftriaxone