2.5.7. Resuscitation and Advanced Care Planning
- All patients admitted to ICU have a resuscitation plan documented.
- Documented on the “MR85”
- Shows that we have thought about it, which is helpful for nurses
- Most patients are for full resuscitation.
- If any limitation is in place, make sure it also documented –
- On Patient Flow Manager (junior doc’s job)
- On the Alert Sheet (front of history)
- In history (if need to document decision making rationale)
- ACP available in ICU – most patients not suitable as not competent