Morbidity & Mortality meeting preparation
- Every Monday 13:35
- The day registrar is responsible for presenting the M&M
- A template for the presentation can be found on G:\ICU\Clinical Performance (M&M)\Presentations
- Update the template in real-time – don’t leave it until Monday to fill in
Patients for presentation:
- accidental extubation or line removals
- Nosocomial infection (CLABSI, VAE etc)
- Cardiac arrest or Code Grey/Black in ICU
- Readmission to ICU within same hospital admission
- Deaths in Unit
- Deaths in hospital after discharge from ICU
Night registrars must ensure the day registrar knows of any patient who died, suffered cardiac arrest or was re-admitted during their shift.
Liaison nurses will inform registrar of any ex-ICU patients who died in the ward.
If the M&M is cancelled, the Registrar will hold the presentation over to the next week.