Airway training (hands-on-real time) in Operating theatre
Every Wednesday - 1400-1500 hours:
- Supervised by the theatre anaesthetist.
- Two registrars take turns to go to theatre.
- Before each session, the duty registrars liaise with Madelyn Smythe- secretary of Dr John Edington (MSmythe@bendigohealth.org.au) ( ext 48859).
- Registrars report by 1350 hrs to Madelyn’s office (1H.07), theatre start time of 1400 hours.
- They return promptly as possible informing their theatre supervisor at 1500 hrs for the next education session.
- Encouraged to maintain DOPS or College log-book for the procedures performed in OT (as found on ICU website)
- The periods where the registrars can’t attend, they are expected to inform Madelyn so that theatre is well informed. This may happen on certain dedicated topic education sessions.
- Those in Critical Care HMO rotations can attend if able.