- Pull patients out of ED
- Review patients within 30 minutes of referral
- Personally review delayed ED admissions
- Consider sending ICU nurse down to ED to care for, or transfer patient awaiting ICU – this may be best if ED is full but still delivering care for the patient (ie. half way through lines, CT etc etc). Talk to the ANUM.
- Avoid keeping patients in ED overnight while awaiting an ICU bed – usually best to transfer them out
- Don’t make them do your SJOG work for you during the day (inserting lines etc).