Expectations for HMOs
- There is no Award protection or payment for HMO teaching
- The Bendigo ICU values protected teaching time for this group of future specialists and allocates resources to this activity
- Bendigo ICU supports HMO attendance at Hospital HMO teaching (Wednesday 1400-1600hrs)
- HMOs not rostered to clinical work are welcome to attend any ICU education sessions outside the allocated HMO sessions
- If clinical demands allow, clinically rostered HMOs may be permitted by the clinical Pod Consultant to attend ICU registrar sessions.
- HMOs complete their end-of-term assessment with Supervisor of Training or delegate