- Bendigo ICU aims to develop best-practice in evidence-based clinical simulation.
- The standards that the Simulation program adhere to are:
- All members of the Simulation Team and Special Interest Group have completed the NHET-Sim Faculty Development program (Australian minimum standard)
- Any Simulation lesson that an ICU member attends must be supervised by at least one NHET-Sim trained educator and/or a graduate of any Simulation Faculty Development program
- If no NHET-Sim educator can be found, the support of the Clinical Education Unit teachers may be sought for session facilitation
- Inter-professional team skills are coordinated by those with credentialed simulation skills
- The ICU Simulation Team support the development of ANZICS-CICM’s Medical Emergency Team training program through the integration of best-practice team-training methodology (TeamSTEPPS, TEAM Tool).
- Faculty development beyond NHET-Sim will involve utilisation of the DASH Debriefing assessment tool and other peer-observed teaching and near-peer teaching modalities