- Highly protocolised.
- GRV of 300ml before feeds reduced.
- Prokinetics are used early. Metoclopramide 10mg tds and erythromycin 250mg Bd
- Target enteral feeds are 1ml/kg Osmolite.
- Nepro, TwoCal, Jevity and Promote also available.
- Dietitian attends handover round and will usually manage
- We tend to use TPN early if GIT not functioning, particularly if patient poorly nourished prior to ICU (fasting pre-procedure, EtOH etc etc). Patients on TPN are seen by the Nutritional Support Service both in and outside of ICU.